Tags

Show more

Walking Away

Have you ever walked out without letting them know, just because you were too afraid to stay?

Photo by João Ferreira on Unsplash

Photo frames falling from the sky
Shattering on the ground

Breaking ties in the threads
Without allowing a choice free

Playing with voices in my head
are my recurring bouts of insanity

Glass carried carefully
Injured it negligently

Why does it occur?
Occur to me abruptly
Out of someplace, I was
never meant to go

To strike that frame
and damage it
by my hand.
Cherished and died out in seconds.

Why there is no life
in my talks to ask
if they wish the same,
if they wanna break the ties off.

Leaving behind, suspended
always in the air.
No choice
They burn, arrested in the air.

Why is it all in that?
firstly sighted piece of my frame
Never inside
In my hearty chest.

Overthinking, poisoning me,
My prudence quitting me
As they move downhill
On a path, I never wished
to pave for them.

Drifted away from the glass
With my fingers still clinging to its rim,
Recklessly, I let go of it
I hand over its pieces to it.

I am just left with
A dream. God will rebuild it.
When I was the sole one
to drop it.

This is what feels like to walk away
To close shut doors without even looking at their faces
Escaping on a suicidal note
It is never breaking away free from a cage
It is locking up in between the fragments of glass
which were never meant to ache.

So I tell myself to stay,
Just a turn and you would be back on a smooth course
This shall too pass
It’s stormy now. It’ll soon be lively.
So stay with them for a while

Don’t be hesitant about something that never happened
Adventures, stumbling, loving, caring, failing, quarrels and smiles.
Stop distancing from the people
with whom you perhaps are meant to be for life.

~Arushi Sahu

.............................................................................

Sometimes we walk out of people's lives just because of struggles, small fights, unpredictable future and a lot of other reasons. But above all, it's because we're afraid of where this relationship with this person would take us to. To eventually walk out of someone's life is a need but sometimes it becomes our greed. The greed of running away from expecting the unexpected. We do not realize sometimes we just walk out of our own life when the future sometimes seems too wary or intimidating. But just think for just a second about what it would be like to not walk away and be there? What if it is just the last step toward a lifetime of happiness? What if I just stay and hold for a little while longer?

So, don't give up on people and yourself! No guarantees are guaranteed, that every time it will be a smooth road to walk on. After all, even a sound wave has its highs and lows, we're just, simply human beings. Travel through the waves instead of drowning in them. That's what I am trying to convey in this poem.

.................................................................................

Not a reader
Listen to the Podcast only on Spotify
How to not walk out of relationships?

Comments